Greetings from Finland

Erfahrungen und Erlebnisse mit dem GT, Fragen, Meinungen
Forumsregeln
Bitte hier nicht mehr posten, benutze https://forum.3000gt.org
Antworten
jan_3kGT
Greetings from Finland

Beitrag von jan_3kGT »

First of all, I don't speak German, but I can understand some.

I've read the rules for the forum and understand it's intended for the German speaking users, although I couldn't find anything which would prohibit using English here 8)

Anyway, I have no intention to intrude your discussions by writing English in between the posts, so if possible, please make a new section in the forum for non-German visitors or simply tell me to stay away.

As the subject says, I'm from Finland, imported my 3000GT TT from Germany some 3 months ago.

3000GT was never officially imported to Finland, probably due to high taxation of the cars, which would have brought the price up to 110.000 euros. Nevertheless, there were intentions to market it, as the Finnish Mitsubishi dealer had the service manuals and various other material in their warehouse gathering dust.

I think there are under 20 of these cars in Finland, some of which are without the turbos. As far as I know they're not organised in any way, thus everyone works on the car on their own.

The reason for intruding your forum is quite simple, Germany is not so far from here that I couldn't use your workshops, if need be or order from your mail order shops as there would be no import duty.

Also, being a loner here in Finland, I've had to come up with resources where to buy parts and I might be of help to you. I can find new body parts for the German model below dealer prices (atleast the Finnish prices are sky high) and can also obtain special aftermarket parts from various countries. I might also be able to bring down postage costs if there was a group buy taking place.

Also, I have a few friends who want a 1st generation German 3000GT, so I will be coming to Germany at some point and would love to meet other GT-owners.

You have some rather special editions there too, like "Wektor" (never heard before), "Winter-GT" etc. and I would love to learn more, maybe I can find the details if I ever have enough time (and patience) to read your forum.

Hopefully my post makes some sense.

All the best,

Jan
3000 GT

Beitrag von 3000 GT »

Hi Jan,

first of all "Welcome to the 3000GT Forum" :!:

I don't speak Finnish and can't understand some :cry:

You see that there is quite no language barrier also in a German forum. 8)

You wrote that the 3000GT in Finland would have cost approximately 110.000 euro, that's not straight few money.

For approximately 20 years had one as a Finn in Germany for a longer time to work, in order to be able to import a vehicle at humanen prices in Finland. Is that the same procedure, now?

I wish you still much fun with your 3000 GT :D

Bye Thomas
jan_3kGT
Beitrag von jan_3kGT »

Yes, even in 1993 a car worth of 110.000 euros was a lot of money.

English is fine and I'll be learning German from your posts.

A Finn has to work and have a permanent address outside Finland for 1 year (I think) before he can bring a car without import duty. Then he can't sell the car for 2 years(?) and can only drive it himself or a member of his family can drive it. Also, if he sells the car sooner, he needs to pay import duty. Not 100% sure how it goes, but if not 100% accurate, it's something as weird as this!

There was a change in how used cars are taxed, this is why we're seeing more GT's over here, so far we've paid between 4500 and around 12000 euros tax for 91-93 3000GT's, as you can see, the tax can easily double the cost of a car. Also, if you wonder why Finns want to buy cars with higher mileage, it's because they can get away with lower tax. I've seen a 3000GT on sale, which has only 50.000 km on it, it would be foolish to bring it over here, as it would surely mean over 12k euros of tax.

I have a question, is there a common agreement on the speed limiter? I bought my -93 German model and obviously tested it on autobahn and the speedometer was showing 270km/h, is the error that big or the limiter is not there?

The car is completely stock, I've checked the ECU wiring.

Also, as my car didn't have the 3rd brake light (high mount brakelight), I bought the brakelight afterwards, but now I need the wiring from the 7-pin connector thru the spoiler to the brakelight, does anyone have one for sale?

I've been reading your posts and noticed the discussion about intercoolers, I thought Winter used the HKS intercoolers, but they have their own?

Also, there are some other brands for our cars; ARC, HPI ... they cost about the same but are bigger cores and more efficient than the HKS ones.
3000 GT

Beitrag von 3000 GT »

jan_3kGT hat geschrieben: I have a question, is there a common agreement on the speed limiter? I bought my -93 German model and obviously tested it on autobahn and the speedometer was showing 270km/h, is the error that big or the limiter is not there?

The car is completely stock, I've checked the ECU wiring.
OK, lets talk about the speed limiter ... what to hell do you mean :wink:
My dealer said that there are not these in the EU versions, thus gives it at least here no restrictions ... that's fine :lol:
jan_3kGT hat geschrieben: Also, as my car didn't have the 3rd brake light (high mount brakelight), I bought the brakelight afterwards, but now I need the wiring from the 7-pin connector thru the spoiler to the brakelight, does anyone have one for sale?
I'm sorry, but here I can't help you unfortunately.
jan_3kGT
Beitrag von jan_3kGT »

3000 GT hat geschrieben:OK, lets talk about the speed limiter ... what to hell do you mean :wink:
My dealer said that there are not these in the EU versions, thus gives it at least here no restrictions ... that's fine :lol:
Ok, I have the 3000GT Technical Information Manual for the EU model and it talks about speed limit set at 250km/h, but I'm happy to hear it's ABSENCE confirmed 8) Another advantage over the Ami model.

One thing I learnt from 3000gt.de was that the club has been a frequent visitor at RalliArt Germany, I've also seen some cars on sale being "getuned" by them, can you tell me what modifications they did?

I've heard of RalliArt body kit, supposedly only made 10 or so, but all the other parts have been shift knobs and other unusable products, did they use parts from other vendors? 2 cars on sale lately, one with 315hp the other 400, both tuned by RalliArt.

And what is the rare "Wektor"?
Tiberius
Beitrag von Tiberius »

Also a warm welcome from me.
Personally I don't see any problems opening a section in english but I can imagine that there would not be much participation. Much of the topics maybe covered in the german threads already.
You can always contact me though either via private message or email.

concerning the speed delimiter: all sources I checked (vendor prospects, Magazine articles ect.. ) all talk about a delimiter at 250 kph. Í myself talked to a Mitsubishi garage owner who told me that the delimiter can be tricked by driving high rpm's in 4th gage before shifting to 5th.
But I also drove the needle beyond 270 kph without doing that, so I think this delimiter is deactivated by factory default.

The Brake light? I am missing mine too.... I'd like to know if it was only an option...

cya

Kevin
jan_3kGT
Beitrag von jan_3kGT »

Thank you Kevin.

I can understand not many English speaking people find their way here and most countries have their own communities, so there's no actual need.

I bought a new GTO brakelight to replace the plastic plate, only to find out there's no connector inside. However, I checked with a volt meter that the cabling is good thru the 7-pin connector, which leads to the rear spoiler, it's just that these 2 wires are not connected. I haven't been able to find such a connector at electronics stores and I'd hate to cut and replace the original from the brake light so I'm looking for the original cable. I can order one from the States or Japan, just thought it'd be cheaper to get from a wrecked car.

I think the Japanese brakelight had the E-marking, thus TÜV compliant.
jan_3kGT
Beitrag von jan_3kGT »

One more question, any idea how many EU models have been sold, even in Germany alone?
Antworten