Scheinwerfer

Erfahrungen und Fragen, auch Reifen, Zubehör usw.
Forumsregeln
Bitte hier nicht mehr posten, benutze https://forum.3000gt.org
Markingtime

Re: Scheinwerfer

Beitrag von Markingtime »

icke39 hat geschrieben:@Frank

Markingtime sagt eigentlich nur, dass der Linsentausch ein Pain in the ass ist, also schwer und kompliziert. Außerdem nur als allerletzte Möglichkeit gemacht werden soll, wenn gar nichts mehr geht. Das Problem ist die Einstellung der "Verschiebung" oder "Verdrehung" sodaß das Leuchtfeld so ist, wie es sein soll. Das geht manuell fast nicht.

Die beste, einfachste und wahrscheinlich wenn man alles zusammen nimmt die günstigste Variante ist: Deutsche/EU Scheinwerfer eines LHD kaufen (gebraucht geht auch) und einfach wechseln. US geht nicht, da kein E-Zeichen.

@Markingtime
Nope. The difference between them is, the TÜV approved lenses are set for LHD and always have the E-sign, the GTO lenses are for RHD and have an E-sign(UK) or not(JPN). But I honestly have no idea if they are interchangeable left to right, or if they are set for one side. When you talk about the lense, you mean the bubbleshaped cover in front of the lamp? (See picture from Daniel?)
What is exact funtion of the lense? Amplify the amount of light or also distributing it at a specific angle? Anyone any ideas?
The "pain in the ass" (PITA) issue I was referring to was that once you have the top off the headlight bucket (which is its own PITA) that finding a way to reverse the 1.5 degree left/right aiming offset from RHD to LHD is the serious PITA. The headlight buckets for LHD and RHD cars were specifically molded for those markets and were not designed to be reversable.

As for headlight lenses I have run across 3 kinds: clear, frosted, and clear in the centre with a frosted halo. In the US and Japan the low/main beam (outside lights) was totally frosted to diffuse the light and the high beam (inside lights) were were completely clear. In the UK the low/main beam (outside lights) were clear in the centre with a frosted halo, presumably for less diffusion and greater distance. See pictures below

US Spec lights: notice the left low beam is frosted compared to the clear high beam on the right.
Bild

GTO (JDM Spec) low/main beam light: better picture of the frosted surface.
Bild

UK Spec low/main beam light: the clear center and frosted halo is clearly visible. Since there are a lot of commonality between EU and UK specifications perhaps your EU Spec cars also had these?
Bild

Here is a blurry picture of a removed lens. It is a solid semi-sphere and reminds me of a paper weight you would have on your desk with a picture pasted to the underside.
Bild

I believe all lenses between all 3000GT/O versions are easily interchangeable by just removing the 2 screws that hold the lens retainer ring in place, regardless of RHD or LHD. The left/right aiming issue is molded into the projector housing that holds the lenses which is why changing that angle requires some cutting. Much better to buy LHD lights!!
icke39

Beitrag von icke39 »

Ok, now I know what you mean.

@für Frank:

Also die Linsen austauschen ist an sich nicht das Problem, die passen links und rechts. Das Problem ist, daß die Fassung (das schwarze Plaste) schon im richtigen Anstellwinkel ist, und somit dem Licht den vorgegebenen Streuwinkel gibt. Somit ist die Fassung links eine andere wie rechts. Wenn man nur einfach die Linsen tauscht ändert sich nichts. Man muss die Fassung änder und das geht durch "zurechtschneiden". Also alles in allem ein wirklich hochkompliziertes Ding. Das Öffnen der SW ist schon sehr kompliziert.

If the UK spec lenses are semifrosted and clear, than the EU Lenses should be the same. UK spec 3000GT´s are EU spec 3000GT. Otherwise they are called GTO and were imported from Japan.
Unfortunately I have a Gen1 GT, so someone else has to find out. :-" If I look at Daniels pics, both seem to be frosted... or are these pics from the US-forum?
Markingtime

I will be posting some pics in the next few days of a guy in the UK that modified his LHD US Gen 4 (99) headlights to the correct angle for RHD requirements in the UK. It is not pretty and was very complicated. The place that was hosting the photos does not exist any more but the owner has agreed to get them rehosted somewhere for me to use in this post. You will want to just buy LHD lights after seeing them.

Not everything between the EU and UK Spec 3000GTs were the same, or even between specific countries in the EU. Most things were though, including the headlights, although it would be nice if someone here could confirm that their EU Spec gen 2 low/main beams were clear in the centre with frosted halos.

The differences I am aware of are the obvious RHD vs LHD, heated seats in Sweden and Germany but not the UK or France (or the rest of the world), a rear "fog light" in the UK which was basically an extra bright brake light that was required to be illuminated when it was foggy. The fog light was built into the tail lights by repurposing one of the 4 brake light bulbs so that it was connected to a manual switch in the cab. The idea being that an approaching speeding car would be more likely to see the slower car in front of them in time to avoid collision. You would never want to use a UK tail light harness in a non-UK car because the fog light system is built into the harness and would be a mess for the rest of us.

If anyone knows of any other unique differences I would be very interested in hearing about them.
Frank Ha.

Beitrag von Frank Ha. »

Hi

Wie ist denn das mit der E Kennzeichnung der deutschen oder europäischen GT? Wo ist die angebracht? Und haben die wirklich unterschiedliche Scheinwerfer bzw. Scheinwerfergläser für z.B. USA und Europa gemacht...

In den USA könnte man ja halbwegs Preisgünstig Scheinwerfer bekommen... gut.. kommt noch Versand und vermutlich Zoll dazu.. und ob die Dinger dann noch was taugen...

Mich würd halt Grundsätzlich interessieren ob wo sich die Scheinwerfer für Linksgelenkte Fahrzeuge sich Unterscheiden...

Mfg

Frank
Interceptor

Beitrag von Interceptor »

In der jeweilig oberen Ecke des Scheinwerfers - von außen sichtbar:

Bild
Markingtime

Looks to me like you could bake open the lights and get a silk screener to print it to the underside of the cover ;-)

I just looked closely at some lights on a LHD Swedish car and they don't have the markings so I think you will have to get actual German versions. Sorry ](*,)
icke39

Beitrag von icke39 »

Since Sweden is in the EU, they should also have the E-marking. But I´m not sure if there were actual swedisch GTs. They could be US Spec GTs. If it´s an EU Spec it should have the E-mark on it... or not?
Markingtime

There were Swedish spec 3000GTs in 1993 & 1999 only. This one is a 99 and definitely a LHD Swedish version as it has the front end reinforcement showing in the grill. US spec headlights do not have the height adjusting feature that these do which is why I am ordering them. \:D/
Markingtime

I just had another look at a larger picture of the headlights I ordered. They do have the E-markings just hard to see in the glare. I won't need the tops since I am swapping over my glass ones if you have the time to wait? ;-)
EVOLUTION

Beitrag von EVOLUTION »

Das öffnen der Scheinwerfer ist ein Kinderspiel,wenn man einen Ofen und einen Heissluftfön besitzt. Hatte grade im Dezember erst meine EVO Scheinwerfer offen um das Innenleben abzudunkeln.

Hat von euch denn schon jemand mal einen 3000GT Scheinwerfer geöffnet und kann mir sagen ob sich die rote Folie auf der Innenseite entfernen lässt?
Markingtime

The red film on the inside is painted on unless you happen to find a pair of 94 glass headlights as they used a separate piece of plastic instead of painting the glass. The paint can be removed using normal paint removal methods but it is very messy.
EVOLUTION

Beitrag von EVOLUTION »

Hmm, Sounds not good ...I know the Headlights from the 94 VR4 but they are very Rar here in Germany.
Markingtime

EVOLUTION hat geschrieben:Hmm, Sounds not good ...I know the Headlights from the 94 VR4 but they are very Rar here in Germany.
Yeah they would have to have been imported from the US I think. They also would not have the EU spec markings required by your TUV, though I doubt that would be noticed. You did get the adjustable headlights though that we didn't. I am negotiating for a pair of your adjustable headlights at the moment that I plan to put my glass tops on, when I robo and halo mod them, so I can have the best of both versions. ;-) I am also hoping to be able to put power adjustment motors on both the high and low beams, I already have 2 switches, their plugs, and an extra set of motors from a set of UK headlights I brought over.

If you want glass headlight tops buy a pair of 94 GTO headlights out of the UK, bake the tops off, and swap with your tops. Problem solved. You can't use the GTO lower buckets though as RHD lights point 1.5 degrees off to the left and yours need to do that to the right, not to mention that they don't come with the power adjustable projectors your TUV requires, and that they probably would catch. If you would like some I could give you some referrals.
Antworten